Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful blend of flavors in this asparagus dish designed by Chef Grace Parisi of "Food & Wine". It is super fast to prepare, healthy and so delicious! NOTE: If you prefer to serve thicker asparagus spears, add about 10 minutes to the roasting time.
- 680.38 g pencil-thin asparagus (see Note above)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 78.07 ml almonds, sliced
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 56.69 g asiago cheese, shaved (1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, put the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer the asparagus to a platter and drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the Asiago over the asparagus, sprinkle with the almonds and serve with lemon wedges.
We had an extra 1/4 lb of asparagus so I increased the cheese and almonds. Next time I'll cut down on the EVOO.
This made for a perfect side dish. It was so simple to make and was enjoyed by all. I love asparagus and this recipe jazzed them up. Thanks for sharing. ~V (Made for Bevy Tag Soups, Salads and Sides 08)
Love this! I so forgot the almonds for the picture. I did add them at the dinner table. Using the Spanish whole almonds. Just delish! Thanks!