Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Wonderful blend of flavors in this asparagus dish designed by Chef Grace Parisi of "Food & Wine". It is super fast to prepare, healthy and so delicious! NOTE: If you prefer to serve thicker asparagus spears, add about 10 minutes to the roasting time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pencil-thin asparagus (see Note above)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, shaved (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, put the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer the asparagus to a platter and drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the Asiago over the asparagus, sprinkle with the almonds and serve with lemon wedges.