Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
adapted from intermezzo magazine, the flavors are superb!
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red pepper, roasted and sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling on asparagus
- preheat oven to 350.
- toss garlic with asparagus and shiitakes and place on a roasting pan, roast for 5 minutes.
- remove to a bowl and cool completely.
- add onion, peppers, tomatoes.
- whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, drizzle over salad, toss, serve.
Very good salad that is a bit different from the rest. I had to make some minor subsitutions by using regular mushrooms and since I used less than 1 pound of skinny asparagus I used the whole half pound of mushrooms. I also used a green pepper instead of red and used balsamic vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar. Even with all these changes I think the salad stayed about the same proportion and taste wise as the original recipe and we enjoyed this salad very much with salmon, but I think it would also be wonderful with steak or chicken. Thanks Chia for sharing this keeper which I will be making again!