1/2 Photos of Roasted Asparagus Potato Salad
Copyright 2001 by Lynne Rossetto Kasper - from http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/ You could cook the asparagus a day ahead, and make the salad hours before serving. Recipe doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10-12 slender asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed away
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 907.18 g small potatoes (about 15 to 20 - like Yellow Finn, red skins, the red-skinned San Luis Valley or Desiree potatoes, o)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 59.14 ml wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 14.79 ml chives, snipped into little pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Trim, wash, and dry the asparagus.
- 3Spread them on a piece of heavy-duty foil, or a shallow baking pan.
- 4Drizzle with the one tablespoon oil.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Roll around to coat.
- 7Roast about 10 minutes, or until barely tender when pierced with a knife. They should be quite firm.
- 8Remove from oven and cool; then cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths.
- 9Simmer the potatoes in water to cover in a 6-quart pot for 15 minutes, or until tender with a little firmness at the center.
- 10Peel and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 11Turn into a large bowl.
- 12Gently fold in the onion, 1/4 cup vinegar, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons oil.
- 13Let stand 30 minutes.
- 14Just before serving, gently fold in the asparagus.
- 15Taste for tartness (potatoes mute vinegar very quickly), and salt and pepper. Add more vinegar and seasonings if necessary.
- 16Fold in the herbs.
- 17Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g