Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was sent a link to a wonderful sounding asparagus pasta recipe with balsamic butter by a wonderful friend of mine. It sounded so good, but had a few ingredients that I didnt have on hand, so I created my own version of it. Here it is: An Italian Dish with a small Asian twist to it. I hope youll enjoy it! :)
- 500 g green asparagus, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 180 g whole wheat penne (or use bow ties or corkscrew macaroni)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 -3 tablespoon garlic butter (for me 1 tbs is plenty, but adjust according to your liking)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile toss the asparagus with the oil, sprinkle with salt and black pepper to taste and roast in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for 10-15 minutes. It should be roasty, but not too dark.
- During the last five minutes of roasting add the sesame seeds to get them nice and toasty, too.
- Drain pasta and add to a big mixing bowl. Add the butter (as much as you need to get the pasta shiny) and cheese. Mix well.
- Remove the asparagus and sesame seeds from the oven and toss with the pasta. Sprinkle with chives.
- Enjoy. :).
Delicious! Prepared exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing.
We made this pasta recipe last night for dinner and it was very fresh tasting and easy for a weeknight. The 2 of us ate the whole thing with no leftovers. I enjoyed mine drizzled with olive oil. Thanks for posting! Made for May 2013 Veggie Swap.
This is the perfect dinner for me. DH is not a huge pasta veggie dinner eater but I could eat pasta and veggies every day or soup. So I made this on one of his late work nights and it was wonderful. I usually add broccolli but the asparagus at the organic market looked so good I bought 5 lbs. The roasted flavors just add to the tecture and the depth of the meal. Thank you so much for a new idea. I will make this again very soon! Made for AS/NZ Swap Mar2012