Recipe by lazyme
One of our favorite ways to make asparagus. We love all of the ingredients and this is great for company because you can make it up ahead of time and just pop in the oven when ready. This can easily be scaled down from 12 servings. From epicurious.com.
- 3 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 lb mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line two 15 1/2x10 1/2-inch rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a large bowl until vegetables are coated with oil.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes stirring once until vegetables are slightly charred and tender.
- If preparing the asparagus and onion ahead, store them in a plastic bag large enough to accommodate the rest of the ingredients so you won't have to dirty a bowl.