This is a light and healthy salad that is perfect as a side salad, but also is elegant for a dinner party. But add some grilled chicken and it can become a main dish. Take advantage of fresh summer produce. You could always add fresh tomatoes or other favorites if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces on an angle
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms (cut in half or quarters depending on the size more of less to taste)
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters and thin sliced
- 6 cups bibb lettuce (1 1/2 cups per person)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1Dressing -- Make this ahead and refrigerate until ready to use. In a small bowl, add the yogurt, mustard and parmesan, salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to use. If the dressing is too thick for you, add a little of the milk. I usually add about 1 teaspoon, but add more if you like the dressing a bit thinner. Make ahead, it is even better.
- 2Asparagus and Mushrooms -- When ready to make the salad, add the asparagus and mushrooms to a small bowl and mix with the olive oil, italian seasoning, pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well and add to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or not. The parchment paper makes for a quick clean up. Roast in a 425 degree oven, middle shelf for 7-10 minutes. You want the asparagus and mushrooms roasted and slightly tender, but not over done.
- 3Salad and Plate -- In a large bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the dressing and toss with the lettuce and onion. Plate about 1 1/2 cups of the lettuce per plate and top with the asparagus and mushrooms. Drizzle the creamy dressing over the salad and serve. ENJOY! This is a simple but very good salad.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus & Mushroom Salad With Creamy Mustard Dress
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: