Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice addition to a main course of halibut or other types of white fish
Make and share this Roasted Asparagus in a Red Wine Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons bacon, crumbled
- Fry bacon to crisp. Wipe off excess fat with paper toweling. Crumble.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients, except asparagus, in a cruet. Shake vigorously.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the asparagus and marinade for 15 minutes.
- Lay asparagus in single layer in a stone baking dish.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette over the asparagus.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove to a warmed plate, pour remaining vinaigrette over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and the bacon.