Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very pretty way to serve asparagus! NOTE: The directions state that you should roast for 25-30 minutes, although I have found that it takes much less time at that temperature, especially since we prefer our asparagus crisp-tender. I strongly suggest you begin checking your asparagus after only 10 minutes, especially if your spears aren't very thick.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, tough ends trimmed and discarded
- 4 scallions, root end trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place asparagus and scallions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, until tender.
- Wrap individual portions of asparagus with scallion to tie into bundles.
Pretty presentation. I drizzle some olive oil over the asparagus, and roast for 10 minutes.
I have made this recipe and agree with the recipe poster that a shorter cook time is preferable (although it was good either way). A simple and pretty way to serve asparagus. I have made them without bothering to tie up the asparagus too, and just served the scallions mixed in.