Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Woman's World, 4/14/08. Reviewers have suggested cutting the carrots smaller or roast them 10 minutes before adding the other vegetables, so please use your judgment.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounces baby carrots, trimmed
- 12 scallions, root ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On jellyroll pan, toss asparagus, carrots and scallions with oil, salt, rosemary and pepper.
- Roast until tender, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
What a lovely recipe. We really enjoyed the asparagus prepared this way. I am not a big fan of baby carrots, so I diagonially cut sweet carrots, I also cut the green onion and the asparagus. I cooked the vegetables at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, they were perfect, just the way we like em. Sweet, tender yet crispy. Thank you for sharing, this quick and easy to make dish. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag game
I found the flavor to be spectacular. Great idea to add the rosemary! The only issue was that the veggies were still hard at end of cooking time so next time (and there will be a next time!), I'm going to crank up the heat to 425 for 30 minutes and see what happens. Thanks for sharing, KateL.
This is my favorite way to enjoy vegetables. I used regular carrots cut on the diagonal; otherwise, I stayed with the recipe. DH is not fond of carrots, but he did enjoy this dish. Made for the What's on the Menu tag game.