Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a newspaper insert and was submitted by Amy Tong of Pennsylvania. Thanks, Amy!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grape tomatoes
- parmesan cheese, shaved (for topping salad)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim off woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut asparagus into thirds. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Make a foil bowl and place shrimp inside. Place on baking sheet with asparagus. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on asparagus and shrimp. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place in oven and cook 7 minutes. Remove shrimp from oven and continue roasting asparagus 8 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, and remaining salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the 2 tablespoons oil until emulsified. Place salad greens, basil, and oregano in a medium bowl. Add enough dressing to moisten. Arrange on plates. Top with shrimp, asparagus, tomatoes, and a few shavings of Parmesan cheese.