Recipe by greeneggs
From Getting Thin and Loving Food by Kathleen Daelemans. So good you won't know it's good for you. Great with fish, chicken, or steak.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, very finely minced
- kosher salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into two inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lb baby red potato, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a lage salad bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, and salt to taste. Let stand 20 minute.
- Place asparagus in a plastic zipper bag with 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in same bag used for asparagus, add 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. pour onto second cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes and asparagus 15 min or until potatoes are golden and crispy and can be pierced by a fork. Potatoes may take longer than asparagus.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 TBS olive oil and dijon mustard into the bowl with the shallot and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- When the vegetable are done, add to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and serve.