Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Getting Thin and Loving Food by Kathleen Daelemans. So good you won't know it's good for you. Great with fish, chicken, or steak.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a lage salad bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, and salt to taste. Let stand 20 minute.
- Place asparagus in a plastic zipper bag with 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in same bag used for asparagus, add 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. pour onto second cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes and asparagus 15 min or until potatoes are golden and crispy and can be pierced by a fork. Potatoes may take longer than asparagus.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 TBS olive oil and dijon mustard into the bowl with the shallot and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- When the vegetable are done, add to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Delicious! I could probably eat the whole thing by myself. : ) If you line your cookie sheets with foil there is very little clean up with this recipe.
This was very easy and tasted great. I liked the method of coating the vegetables in a plastic bag--far less mess than trying to do it in a bowl. Will make again. Thanks.