Recipe by JustJanS
This is a great, light, easy entree. I have made it using different cheese (feta) and nuts and oils-whatever I have had on hand!
Top Review by Annetty
This was wonderful, the flavours go so well together. Instructions are easy to follow, presentation was lovely. I served it as a side dish at a BBQ we were having and everyone was most impressed. Thanks JanS
- olive oil, for greasing
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 120 g goat cheese, cut into 8 even pieces
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, extra
MACADAMIA NUT DRESSING
- 4 teaspoons macadamia nut oil
- 75 g raw macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush a large baking tray with olive oil to grease.
- Divide the asparagus into 8 bundles, and place a slice of goats cheese on each.
- Wrap 1 slice of proscuitto around each bundle to secure the cheese.
- Place on the greased tray, and brush each bundle with some of the extra olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until just tender.
- DRESSING: Meanwhile, heat the macadamia oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until the nuts are golden.
- Remove pan from heat and stir through remaining ingredients.
- Place 2 bundles of asparagus on each serving plate, and spoon the warm dressing over.
- Serve immediately.