To be completely honest, I don't like asparagus or blue cheese. However, when these ingredients are combined with walnuts in this simple recipe it is so good!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse asparagus and snap off the tough ends.
- Spray a cookie sheet and lay asparagus on it then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese and walnuts on HOT asparagus.
- Return the asparagus to the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes.
What's not to love? I did add a little olive oil and garlic to the asparagus, but then followed the recipe as posted. Very attractive side, and delicious too! Made for Bargain Basement Tag game.