Top Review by Glenda4
This gets the highest ratings for "Bread and Circuses." It is colorful, tasty and easy --- a great "fresh vegetable" addition to your table. I served it to my Book Club along with Grilled Bourbon Salmon and they all loved it. I added salad and rolls --- and I was "set."
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oil and garlic together and set aside to blend for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Holding the asparagus in both hands, bend and they will snap off where they become tough.
- Trim bottoms to even off.
- Remove scales at the bottom.
- Cut peppers in long slices.
- Put asparagus in a zip-lock plastic bag and add the oil/garlic mix.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Place asparagus on foil-lined baking sheet and roast in 450 degree oven for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of the asparagus) till crisp-tender.
- Remove from oven and add the peppers and toss to coat.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes till peppers become crisp-tender.