This was my second attempt to cook asparagus in oven (I usually steam them) ButI came to like this better. Hope you like it this way as well.
- Cook asparagus for approx 4 minutes ib salted boiling water.
- Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Butter shallow baking dish (long enough to hold asparagus).
- Toss asparagus with olive oil seasoned with salt/pepper.
- divide asparagus into 4 packets (bundles).
- Arrange 2 slices of thinly sliced strips of ham on work area, so they are overlapping each other.
- Place each packet (bundle) on top and carefully roll up in the ham.
- Place in baking dish, and then sprinkle with seasoned bread brumbs.
- (I like to use Panko Bread crums) but use your own preference.
- Roast in oven until heated through and crisp. Serve hot.