Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was my second attempt to cook asparagus in oven (I usually steam them) ButI came to like this better. Hope you like it this way as well.
- Cook asparagus for approx 4 minutes ib salted boiling water.
- Drain and cool.
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Butter shallow baking dish (long enough to hold asparagus).
- Toss asparagus with olive oil seasoned with salt/pepper.
- divide asparagus into 4 packets (bundles).
- Arrange 2 slices of thinly sliced strips of ham on work area, so they are overlapping each other.
- Place each packet (bundle) on top and carefully roll up in the ham.
- Place in baking dish, and then sprinkle with seasoned bread brumbs.
- (I like to use Panko Bread crums) but use your own preference.
- Roast in oven until heated through and crisp. Serve hot.
I love asparagus; it is such an elegant vegetable, although a lot of people don't like it, but I do. This is such a great recipe that I ate a good portion of it. I just kept nibbling at the slightly crunchy ends and it was so good. The bread crumbs that I used were the Seasoned Bread Crumbs that you have posted here on Zaar. There is lemon peel in those crumbs and that, along with the asparagus, was great. The ham around the asparagus was new to me, but very, very good. I am going to try this for supper in the summer with just some rolls and a fresh fruit salad. Thank you for posting this yummy dish.
I love roasted asparagus. I make it like the first post, but add a little bit of chopped garlic and pepper to taste. Love it.