Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I found this recipe on the Food Network site and DH & I had these for dinner tonight (4/18/07). We feel that they need Kosher salt so I added it to the ingredients list. We sprinkled it on after they were cooked. The sauce will thicken a bit, but won't actually have a "syrupy" consistency. It's courtesy of Emeril and is delish!
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great flavor with the sauce. I roasted a chicken and then put the sauce on the last 20 min. It made the house smell great while cooking. I have lots left so will use again soon.
- 2267.96 g chicken wings, separated at the joint and wing tips discarded
- 14.79 ml Asian seasoning (Emeril's Asian Essence)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 473.18 ml fresh orange juice
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml mirin
- 29.58 ml orange zest
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 29.58 ml green onions, minced
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 3.69 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds
- 29.58 ml green onions, diagonally sliced for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with 1 inch sides with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl season the chicken wings with the Essence, salt and white pepper and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Spread the wings in baking dish evenly and roast until browned, about 35 minutes.
- While the wings are baking combine the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and diaganolly sliced green onions in a large skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid has reduced to a syrup, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm until ready to use.
- Place the wings in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Drizzle half (reserve remaining half) of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the wings and toss again.
- Place a wire cooling rack inside a large baking sheet lined with foil and arrange the coated wings on top of the rack.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- Arrange the wings on a serving platter and top with the diagonally sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side.