Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the Food Network site and DH & I had these for dinner tonight (4/18/07). We feel that they need Kosher salt so I added it to the ingredients list. We sprinkled it on after they were cooked. The sauce will thicken a bit, but won't actually have a "syrupy" consistency. It's courtesy of Emeril and is delish!
- 5 lbs chicken wings, separated at the joint and wing tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon Asian seasoning (Emeril's Asian Essence)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diagonally sliced for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with 1 inch sides with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl season the chicken wings with the Essence, salt and white pepper and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Spread the wings in baking dish evenly and roast until browned, about 35 minutes.
- While the wings are baking combine the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and diaganolly sliced green onions in a large skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid has reduced to a syrup, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm until ready to use.
- Place the wings in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Drizzle half (reserve remaining half) of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the wings and toss again.
- Place a wire cooling rack inside a large baking sheet lined with foil and arrange the coated wings on top of the rack.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- Arrange the wings on a serving platter and top with the diagonally sliced green onions.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side.
Great flavor with the sauce. I roasted a chicken and then put the sauce on the last 20 min. It made the house smell great while cooking. I have lots left so will use again soon.