1 hr 10 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I found this recipe on the Food Network site and DH & I had these for dinner tonight (4/18/07). We feel that they need Kosher salt so I added it to the ingredients list. We sprinkled it on after they were cooked. The sauce will thicken a bit, but won't actually have a "syrupy" consistency. It's courtesy of Emeril and is delish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken wings, separated at the joint and wing tips discarded
- 1 tablespoon Asian seasoning (Emeril's Asian Essence)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diagonally sliced for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line a baking sheet with 1 inch sides with aluminum foil.
- 3In a large bowl season the chicken wings with the Essence, salt and white pepper and toss to thoroughly coat.
- 4Spread the wings in baking dish evenly and roast until browned, about 35 minutes.
- 5While the wings are baking combine the remaining ingredients except sesame seeds and diaganolly sliced green onions in a large skillet.
- 6Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- 7Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid has reduced to a syrup, about 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and cover to keep warm until ready to use.
- 9Place the wings in a large heat-proof bowl.
- 10Drizzle half (reserve remaining half) of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat well.
- 11Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the wings and toss again.
- 12Place a wire cooling rack inside a large baking sheet lined with foil and arrange the coated wings on top of the rack.
- 13Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- 14Arrange the wings on a serving platter and top with the diagonally sliced green onions.
- 15Sprinkle with Kosher salt and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asian Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1649.0
- Calories from Fat 870
- Total Fat 96.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 436.9 mg
- Sodium 3193.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 67.9 g
- Protein 110.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: