Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love potatoes and I love asiago cheese, put the two together and YUM! I got this recipe from the local newspaper the TNT. It was a big hit with my friends and family.
- 7 medium potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup freshly shredded asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Cut each potato into 1-inch cubes and place in a pot filled about 3/4-full with water.
- Bring to boil.
- Add salt to taste and boil potatoes for 5 minutes only.
- Drain well and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, stir together olive oil, salt garlic and pepper.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes in an oiled roasting pan.
- Roast at 450 degrees for about 30-45 minutes, turning the potatoes every 5-10 minutes to insure even roasting.
- Cook potatoes until they are tender and brown.
- Transfer to a serving dish, add the asiago cheese, parsley, and toss to coat evenly.
- note- I don't peel my potatoes, but you are welcome to for this recipe if you like.
Fantastic! I used Yukon Golds, cut them into fairly large chunks, and pretty well eyeballed most of the ingredients. Since I was also tending to meat on the grill outside, I didn't turn them quite as often as recommended, maybe every 10-12 minutes for the full 45 minutes--they came out wonderfully crispy. The Asiago cheese melted throughout them was heavenly. Thanks for posting the recipe!
What a treat! Only change was that I used more asiago cheese than called for. Using 8 ounces of grated cheese was prehaps too much, but it was so good. Thanks for sharing.
pretty good. (will try smoked gouda next time!) used garlic olive oil!! sprinkled garlic salt and granulated garlic. thanks!