Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you love artichoke, you'll love them roasted, and this is super simple, and oh so tasty! The best part is that this is SO healthy, and packed with vitamins!
- 2 artichokes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lemon slices (thin)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (adjust depending on sodium level in soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Discard the small outer leaves of the artichokes.
- With scissors, snip thorn tips from remaining leaves (optional, but recommended).
- Trim dark base from stem ends and peel coarse fibers from the stem.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise and rinse well.
- Choose a pan in which the artichokes fit close together in a single layer (if there are large spaces, the juices will burn).
- Pour olive oil into pan and add 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme. Roll artichokes in oil to coat, and turn cut sides down.
- Slide 1 thin lemon slice and 1 garlic clove under each artichoke half.
- Seal pan with foil.
- Bake on 375degF until artichoke bottoms are tender when pierced, 45min-1hour.
- While artichokes are baking, make vinaigrette.
- FOR VINAIGRETTE:.
- Whisk together the Balsamic Vinegar, Soy sauce salt, and Harissa.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Refrigerate while Artichokes are baking.
- WHEN ARTICHOKES ARE READY:.
- Transfer them (cut sides up) to a platter and top with Vinaigrette.
- Should be served hot, but also good if room temperature.
- VARIATIONS (instead of vinaigrette):
- -drizzle artichokes with pan drippings.
- -microwave on high 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp lemon juice, and drizzle over artichoke.