Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is from Riverford Organics, who supply our weekly box. I have changed the quantites slighly though & used Seresin Lemon Olive Oil, which I got on my last visit home, but regular good quality olive oil will do. The recipe also calls for wet garlic, but recipezaar wouldn't publish the recipe if I had this in. If you do come across wet garlic, use one bulb, otherwise ordinary garlic will do.
- 2 globe artichokes
- 200 g new potatoes, halved
- 29.58 ml lemon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely (see note above)
- 2 sprig rosemary, with the leaves removed (and sticks discarded)
- freshly ground rock salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Scrub the new potatoes and rub with the olive oil.
- Put into an oven dish and sprinkle over the rosemary, salt & pepper. Cook until just soft & golden (about 30-40 mins, but keep checking just in case!).
- Working quickly (as they go brown), prepare the artichokes by removing & discarding all of the leaves and stems (cut this off at the base), and remove & discard the fluffy bit from inside. Cut what is left into chunks. Add to the potatoes along with the garlic and stir until coated in oil.
- Cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Nice served with steamed fish & greens.
We couldn't get enough of this. The smell and flavors were wonderful throughout the house. Thank you.
Super recipe!!!! Fixed for PAC Fall 06. Smells heavenly cooking and tastes just as good. Thanks for posting this. Caroline