Recipe by LRB
My friend gave me the idea of adding roasted artichokes to dishes. I tried it with an easy chicken dish and was very happy with the end result!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 -8 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast artichokes with juices in 450F oven for 15-20 minutes--artichokes will be starting to look crispy when done. Set aside.
- Coat chicken in flour and season with garlic and thyme.
- Lightly brown chicken and then Saute with mushrooms and peppers until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add vinegar, wine, and chicken broth and maintain a simmer until chicken and vegetables are done.
- Add artichokes and juice to chicken pan and simmer until combined and warmed.