Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious with vanilla ice cream. The flavor is intense, pure apricot. From Gourmet. An ice cream maker is necessary for this. The times do not include chilling or freezing.
- Put sugar, water, and dried apricots in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let stand until apricots are softened, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, roast whole fresh apricots in a 350 degree oven until soft, about 1 hour.
- Peel and pit when cool enough to handle.
- Puree dried apricot mixture, roasted apricots, lemon juice, and almond extract in a blender until smooth.
- Chill at least 2 hours until cold.
- The puree can be chilled up to 8 hours.
- Freeze in ice cream maker, then transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.