Recipe by PAFoodie
This simple applesauce recipe is a natural for days when you are already using the oven.
- 3 lbs tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core and quarter apples.
- Put the apples in a Dutch oven or large covered casserole dish.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until apples are soft.
- Stir or whisk to desired smoothness.
- Note: You may have to adjust the time if you bake with other items at a different temperature.