Recipe by LAURIE
Gotta love the Dollar Store!!! This is from one the cookbooks on their shelf. Looking at the credits I think it probably originated at Good Housekeeping. Anyway this is a great recipe!
Top Review by lauralie41
Oh my gosh, this is so very good! I used regular raisins instead of golden and they were good but the golden will be much better. Also used apple juice instead of the calvados and a glass baking dish instead of jelly roll pan. The tart of the apple and the sweet from the sauce are awesome over the vanilla ice cream. A sinful, wonderful dessert!! Thank you Laurie for posting this recipe!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons calvados (apple brandy) or 2 tablespoons sub apple juice or 2 tablespoons water
- 6 small granny smith apples, cored and halved
- 1 1⁄2 pints vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, raisins, lemon juice and Calvados.
- Cook stirring occasionally until sugar has melted.
- Pour sugar mixture in jelly roll pan.
- Arrange apples cut side down in sauce.
- Roast without turning aboaut 20 minutes until very soft.
- Place about 1/2 cup icecream in each of 6 dessert bowls.
- Top with 2 warm apples and drizzle with syrup.