Roasted and then spiced with a sweet and savory seasoning makes these yummy. :) From Country Living magazine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, fennel seeds, and allspice until combined and sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with spiced butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a baking pan, roast potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer to a warmed platter and drizzle with pan juices. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
So good! I loved that they were not super sweet. Only thing I think I would change is to leave out the fennel seeds; the potatoes were tender and the seeds were hard so didn't go we'll together in my opinion. Will make these again! Made for PRMR.
Fabulous! Delicious! Simple! I didn't have actual sweet potatoes so i cut large yams into big chunks. Made for Veggie Swap 10/12.