Recipe by Sharon123
Roasted and then spiced with a sweet and savory seasoning makes these yummy. :) From Country Living magazine.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So good! I loved that they were not super sweet. Only thing I think I would change is to leave out the fennel seeds; the potatoes were tender and the seeds were hard so didn't go we'll together in my opinion. Will make these again! Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 3 lbs small sweet potatoes, halved
- coarse salt
- pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, fennel seeds, and allspice until combined and sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with spiced butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a baking pan, roast potatoes until tender, about 45 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer to a warmed platter and drizzle with pan juices. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.