Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple but different way to enjoy chickpeas. You can also serve these as a snack.
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat an oven to 230 C or 450 degrees F.
- Mix the oil and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas and then tip them into the bowl with the oil mixture, stirring to coat.
- Lay the oiled chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Dry on paper towels and toss them in the cumin, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Serve with simply cooked fish or grilled chicken.
These definitely have the potential of being 5 stars. However, takes a minimum of 30+ minutes in the oven to make them crunchy. Next time will put the oven at 200-250 like for Party Mix, stirring every 15 minutes and prbably bake for an hour. They desperately need salt.
I thought these were very good. As a snack, I find that the texture is too soft, and think that they probably need to be roasted for 30-45 minutes....I'm not sure that's the right time, but 15 minutes isn't nearly enough.