Recipe by Manami
Serve with steak, vegetables or even on an antipasta platter! These also make an excellent addition to both cold and hot sandwiches! Found this in a scrapbook here, it belonged to a "resident" who has since gone. These are also delicious if prepared a day or two ahead of time or can be used as an appetizer.
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil, for grill
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6.16 ml finely chopped thyme
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml ground oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush grill with oil; heat to medium hot.
- Grill peppers until blackened, 8-12 minutes.
- Let peppers cool in a paper bag.
- Peel and seed, saving juices.
- Cut into 1" strips.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, onions, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano & any pepper juices.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Toss peppers with vinaigrette, and arrange on a platter to serve.