Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve with steak, vegetables or even on an antipasta platter! These also make an excellent addition to both cold and hot sandwiches! Found this in a scrapbook here, it belonged to a "resident" who has since gone. These are also delicious if prepared a day or two ahead of time or can be used as an appetizer.
- Brush grill with oil; heat to medium hot.
- Grill peppers until blackened, 8-12 minutes.
- Let peppers cool in a paper bag.
- Peel and seed, saving juices.
- Cut into 1" strips.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, onions, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano & any pepper juices.
- Gradually whisk in oil.
- Toss peppers with vinaigrette, and arrange on a platter to serve.