Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was found in Canadian Living's Gifts from Your Kitchen. There a a number of seasoning possibilities. Choose your favourite.
- 3 1⁄2 cups almonds (1 lb or 500 g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (10 ml) or 2 teaspoons flake sea salt (10 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked mild paprika or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked hot paprika or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot paprika or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Roast almond mixture until lightly toasted and skins are just beginning to split (about 20 minutes).
- Let cool.
Very good way to eat your healthy almonds! I used mild paprika and cayenne pepper. I had to stop myself from eating all of them. It adds a new taste to the almonds. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012.
Much healthier than store bought and almost as tasty. Should have cooked them for the full time, but took them out a bit early and so they lacked some crunch.
Made this for the DS to take to his music recreation group but had a taste and decided they could have cake instead, so it is all mine. I used a hot paprika but next time may add just another 1/2 teaspoon but will wait 24 hours to see if the flavour develops more before making that final decision. I baked for 30 minutes at 150C fan forced oven. Thank Dreamer, made for I Recommend Tag Game and recommended by Lalaloula.