Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious-sounding pesto I found this morning while at the hairdresser's. I usually come away with a few recipes! :) From the February/March issue of the New Zealand magazine 'dish', and recommended as being excellent with grilled vegetables, salmon, fish and chicken and as mixing well with bitter leaves such as witlof and raddichio.
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, skin on, roasted, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the almonds, garlic, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse to roughly chop.
- Combine the apple juice and olive oil and, with the motor running, drizzle it in to make a thick, chunky sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
I really like almonds and parmesan so this really appealed to me. The only problem I had was that the garlic was very overwhelming so I would cut back on it for sure. And I like garlic! I made this exactly as listed and topped it with some toasted almond slivers. Made for Went to the Market. Thanks! :)
An easy to make recipe. Took Sharons advice and used it for a dip. mADE FOR 1-2-3 HIT wonders.
This made a great dip for crackers! Different and easy to make! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!