Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This soup is so easy and satisfying. It is a great way to use up leftover roasted squash. You could use butternut squash, pumpkin or even a can of pumpkin puree to make it a really easy cold-weather treat.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups squash puree
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium.
- Add onion, apple, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute until softened.
- Add squash and broth to onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Carefully, puree in blender until smooth. Work in batches if necessary.