Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Fresh from the Bay Area. Jody Denton, Restaurant LuLu, San Francisco.
Make and share this Roasted Acorn Squash, Pears & Potatoes With Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in 8 wedges, seeds removed
- 1 lb small potato, washed thoroughly
- 1 lb cipolinni onions or 1 lb other small onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 garlic cloves, peels left on
- 1 pear, cut into eight wedges
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup boucheron cheese or 1⁄2 cup other aged goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the acorn squash, potatoes, and onions with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Lay them out evenly on a baking sheet or in a large casserole dish and place them in the oven.
- After about 30 minutes, coat the garlic cloves in 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and a little salt and pepper and scatter over the roasting.
- vegetables. Return to the oven.
- After 10 minutes more, toss the pear and thyme with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt and pepper and distribute evenly over the pan of roasting vegetables. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Arrange the hot vegetables on a large platter, drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar, and crumble the goat cheese over the top. Place the entire platter in the oven for 2 or 3 minutes, just to lightly melt the cheese. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the top and serve immediately.