Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
add one pound of pizza dough. courtesy GDL.
- 1 lb acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the squash in half from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into 1/2 to 3/4-inch wide half moons and place in a medium bowl. Toss the squash with the syrup, olive oil, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place the squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the squash until tender and golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep the temperature on the oven at 375 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough on a flour dusted piece of parchment paper to a 13-inch diameter. Place the pizza and the parchment paper on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the Gorgonzola on the pizza dough. Bake in the oven until golden and cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Peel the skins off the squash. Top the cooked pizza with the cooked squash. Top with arugula and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Slice and serve.