Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is a delicious way to enjoy a squash purée!! This recipe came from cooking,com.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Cut each squash in half and remove seeds. Cut off rind with a small sharp knife. Cut squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel carrots and cut into 1-inch pieces. Mix squash and carrots with 5 tablespoons apple butter, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Place mixture on baking sheet big enough to accommodate vegetables in one layer. Add 3 tablesooons water and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil. Add 1/2 cup water and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Transfer vegetables to food processor and process until very smooth. This must be done in several batches.
- Transfer to medium pot. Add remaining 3 tablespoons apple butter and salt and pepper to taste. Reheat gently before serving. (This dish can also be made early in the day and reheated).