Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I've used this recipe many times and have no complaints so far from any of my friends. I can't remember where I got it but I can say it's been well used. Note: Young birds are the best for roasting. You can tell if it's young from its spur. It will be round and flexible when you move it, and the last big wing feather will have a sharp pointed tip. Older birds won't taste as well roasted.
- 1 pheasant, cleaned,any size
- 1 teaspoon salt
- herbed prepared stuffing, use your favorite
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly salt the inside of the bird and rub in with your hand.
- Fill the cavity loosely with your favorite Herbed Suffing.
- Truss the legs and place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place Bacon slices over the breast side by side.
- Roast for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Check after 75 minutes of cooking.
This is a GREAT recipe!! My husband loved it:) thank you for sharing!