Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quinoa is a great high protein grain this makes a fantatic main veggie course or a side dish with some kind of protein.
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 20 baby plum tomatoes
- 12 baby courgettes
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil and soften the white onion over a low heat add the garlic and stir.
- Add the quinoa to the onion and mix well, add the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180C/350F.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss in the oil. Season and roast for 15 minutes. when cooked drizzle with the vinegar.
- Slice courgettes lengthways into 4. Deseed and slice the pepper. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a griddle pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes turning once.
- Heat the last two tbsp oil and cook the onions over a low heat until they begin to brown sprinkle on cinnamon and mix well.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve topped with feta if desired.