Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These glorious roasted vegetables and lip-smacking lemony dressing are sure to become a frequent favourite in your culinary repertoire.
- 2 red peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 eggplants
- 2 red onions
- 2 heads garlic, cloves separated
- 3 lemons, thickly sliced
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 ounces green beans, lightly cooked
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 400°F
- Chop up the peppers, zucchini, onions, and eggplants into evenly sized pieces and place them into a large roasting pan.
- Scatter the garlic cloves and lemon slices evenly over the vegetables and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast them for 30 minutes or so, until softened and caramelised.
- Remove the cooked vegetables from the oven, take out the garlic and set aside, then transfer the remaining vegetables to a large serving bowl or platter. Allow the salad to cool a little and then stir in the cooked beans and the basil.
- To make the dressing, squeeze the softened garlic pulp into a mortar, discarding the skins. Add a little sea salt and pound with a pestle until the mixture forms a paste.
- Add the lemon juice and remaining olive oil and work everything together. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well. Serve warm, or at room temperature.