Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cannot remember where I found this. I have now tried this. It is very nice. Can recommend it.
- 750 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed (3cm)
- 1 kg potato, scrubbed and cubed (3cm)
- 2 brown onions, halved and cut into wedges
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 275 g roma tomatoes, halved (baby ones)
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C Place pumpkin, potatoes and onions onto a large baking tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast 40 minutes. Add tomatoes and roast another 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add chickpeas. Whisk oil, 1/2 cup lemon juice, garlic and sugar in a jug. Pour over vegetables. Add parsley and toss gently. Serve.
- Tip-serve leftovers with couscous or pasta for another meal. Can also add 2 cups chopped cooked chicken along with the chickpeas.
This was quite tasty, healthy, and inexpensive. Given that I live in Canada, you'd THINK I'd have assumed the temperature to be in celsius, but I thought it was in Fahrenheit since almost everything else on here is! So it took me more like 2.5 hours to cook but all in all I'm very pleased.