A great tasting, healthy vegetable dish. Easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice pumpkin into 10mm thick rounds and peel off skin.
- 2Slice eggplant into 10mm thick rounds.
- 3Slice capsicum in half, length wise.
- 4Finely chop onion.
- 5Place pumpkin, zucchini and capsicum on a tray.
- 6Sprinkle with oil and place under a griller.
- 7Place oil in a pan and cook onion until clear and add tomatoes.
- 8Season with salt and ground peppercorn.
- 9Turn vegetables to achieve a roasted effect.
- 10Place onion and tomatoe mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 11When vegetables are cooked, remove from griller and let cool slightly.
- 12Remove skin from peppers and slice into wide strips.
- 13Place peppers into a bowl, add oil,vinegar,salt and ground peppercorn to taste and toss so that peppers are coated.
- 14On a plate, place a generous serve of puree and then assemble the pyramid in the centre of the puree, starting with the pumpkin slice,eggplant slices, pepper slices, mozzarella cheese, pumpkin slice,eggplant slices, pepper slices and so on.
- 15The pyramid will resemmble three distinct layers of all the ingredients.
- 16At the top layer, drizzle puree so that it lightly coats the pyramid.
- 17Serve warm with slices of crusty bread to mop up the puree.
- 18This is an exceptional dish and you can only improve your presentation by trying it a few times.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Vegetable Pyramid
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1030.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: