Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great tasting, healthy vegetable dish. Easy to prepare.
Make and share this Roast Vegetable Pyramid recipe from Food.com.
- Slice pumpkin into 10mm thick rounds and peel off skin.
- Slice eggplant into 10mm thick rounds.
- Slice capsicum in half, length wise.
- Finely chop onion.
- Place pumpkin, zucchini and capsicum on a tray.
- Sprinkle with oil and place under a griller.
- Place oil in a pan and cook onion until clear and add tomatoes.
- Season with salt and ground peppercorn.
- Turn vegetables to achieve a roasted effect.
- Place onion and tomatoe mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- When vegetables are cooked, remove from griller and let cool slightly.
- Remove skin from peppers and slice into wide strips.
- Place peppers into a bowl, add oil,vinegar,salt and ground peppercorn to taste and toss so that peppers are coated.
- On a plate, place a generous serve of puree and then assemble the pyramid in the centre of the puree, starting with the pumpkin slice,eggplant slices, pepper slices, mozzarella cheese, pumpkin slice,eggplant slices, pepper slices and so on.
- The pyramid will resemmble three distinct layers of all the ingredients.
- At the top layer, drizzle puree so that it lightly coats the pyramid.
- Serve warm with slices of crusty bread to mop up the puree.
- This is an exceptional dish and you can only improve your presentation by trying it a few times.