2 hrs 15 mins
A coworker of my husband from Spain made this one year at the company Christmas party. I never got to get the exact recipe, but I worked on it, and this is pretty close to what she made. It's really good, and even though paella usually has meat and seafood. This is so good, you don't even need it, but you could add, seafood, chorizo, ham or any kind of meat you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons saffron threads
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 lb zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- lemon wedge
- 1Bring chicken broth and saffron to boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat & simmer 20 minutes.
- 2Toss together bell pepper strips, zucchini, and 1 tablespoon oil; place in an even layer.
- 3in a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan. Sprinkle with oregano & thyme.
- 4Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 5Sauté garlic and jalapeño in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 20-25 minutes, or until onion is caramelized. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, 3-5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Add uncooked rice and chicken broth mixture skillet, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring once after 15 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and zucchini, and cook 5 minutes.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Vegetable Paella
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 10.6 g