Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderfully colourful tasty vegetable crisps: parsnip, sweet potato and beet. Children will love them.
- 2 parsnips
- 2 beets
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Peel all the vegetables. Using a swivel peeler or mandolin, slice them diagonally into wafer-thin crisps. Spread out on paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Tip all the vegetables into a bowl. Pour over the oil, then add chili powder, if using, and seasoning. Toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until the parsnips and sweet potato are golden brown.
- Spread out on paper towel until cool and crisp.