1/2 Photos of Roast Vegetable and Feta Tarts
1 hr 40 mins
Lorelle in Australia's Note:
These are just to die for!! They are great as an entree, a light lunch or dinner - with salad and bread. I found the recipe in the gardening magazine "Burke's back yard". I used phyllo pastry and tied them up. Use whatever veggies you like - eggplant, broccoli, pumpkin, swede, parsnip etc., world's your oyster kid!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C
- 2Peel the kumara and cut into 3cm chunks. Cut the capsicums into large flat pieces, discarding the seeds and membranes. Halve the zucchini lengthways and cut into 3cm lengths. Peel the onions and cut into 8 wedges.
- 3Arrange all the veggies on 2 lightly oiled baking trays and spray with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes until tender and golden brown, turning and moving them around a few times.
- 4Set aside to cool, then peel the capsicums and cut into smaller pieces.
- 5Use a saucer as a guide to cut 6 x 15cm rounds form the pastry sheets. Line 6 lightly greased 9.5cm (base measurement) 1 cup capacity pie dishes with the pastry.
- 6Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry in each dish and fill with dry rice or beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes then remove the paper and beans and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool before filling with veggies and feta.
- 7Divide the vegetables and feta between the prepared pastry cases. Stand the pie dishes on a large oven try. Whist the eggs and cream together with a fork or whisk, and pour over the filling.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes until set.
- 9These can be made 1 day in advance. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Try a nice fresh salad and some crusty bread to go with it!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Vegetable and Feta Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.1
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 169.0 mg
- Sodium 771.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 15.7 g