Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderfully flavoursome tart packed full of roasted vegetables. It's easy to assemble and looks stunning.
- 125 g self raising flour
- 50 g whole meal flour
- 75 g chilled butter, diced
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into thick strips
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 small rosemary sprigs
- 125 g feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the flours then rub in the butter. Add the water and mix to a firm dough. Knead briefly then chill for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the vegetables in a roasting tin and add the garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle over some dried mixed herbs if you like. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry and place in a 23cm (9 inch) dish. Cover the pastry with parchment paper and fill the dish with baking beans to hold it down. Bake blind for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Fill the pastry case with the vegetables and arrange the feta on top. Bake for another 10 minutes then serve.
I made this recipe using old cheddar for one large tart and feta for 2 small tarts (didn't realize that I was almost out of feta until I started making dinner). This recipe was delicious either way. I was somewhat leary about making my own pie shell but it, too, was delicious - buttery and flavourful. Made for Review My Recipe.