1 hr 15 mins
This hearty salad of succulent roast vegetables, baby spinach and garbanzos is perfect for a weekend lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 red onions, quartered and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 aubergine, thickly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 14 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground salt
- black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2Arrange the onions, tomatoes, garlic and aubergine in a single layer in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with the rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally, until the onions are browned and sticky round the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
- 4Scatter the garbanzos and spinach over a large serving plate. Season to taste.
- 5Arrange the roasted vegetables on top. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- 6Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Vegetable and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 875.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 16.5 g