Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Real Simple.
Make and share this Roast Turkey With Paprika and Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 -14 lb) whole turkey, giblets removed
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- kitchen string (optional)
- 4 small carrots, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3-inch-long strips
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Place the wings underneath the body. Place the rosemary and parsley in the cavity. If you like a tidy-looking bird, tie the drumsticks together using the kitchen string.
- Place the carrots, celery, and onions in a metal roasting pan.
- Transfer the turkey to a wire rack and place it on top of the vegetables.
- Place the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Stir in the paprika, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Using your fingers, rub the spice mixture all over the turkey. Roast the turkey uncovered until browned, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add the broth to the pan. Cover the turkey loosely with foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Roast until a thermometer inserted in a thigh registers 165° F, about 2 hours.
- Let the turkey rest for at least 30 minutes before carving. Reserve the pan drippings and vegetables for the gravy.