Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Our Thanksgiving bird. It's never failed me!
Make and share this Roast Turkey With Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed day old cornbread
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 turkey (10-12 pounds)
- melted butter
- In skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Place in a lg bowl with corn bread, fresh bread crumbs, sage and poultry seasoning.
- Mix eggs and chicken broth; add to dry mixture, stir gently to mix.
- Stuff the cavity and neck of turkey.
- Fasten openings.
- Tie legs together.
- Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 325* for 4 hours (cover with a foil tent), or until turkey tests done.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting.
great stuffing! i made it sans turkey and added a bit more broth. thanks for such a simple, good recipe.
Fantastic! We have turkey, dressing, etc., every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and this was my first year making everything by myself. My mother has made stuffing/dressing for over 40 years but couldn't stop bragging on how delicious this recipe is. Thanks so much! Christmas was wonderful this year.
Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Did not change a thing! I now make this recipe once a month at least, as part of our new healthful lifestyle. Yum!