Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Check for allergies if making this for company! It sounded so unusual that I had to copy it! It could be something different for Thanksgiving!
- 10 -12 lbs turkey
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk (or cream)
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, flour, paprika, salt, celery salt and pepper. Stir until blended, adding enough milk or cream to make a medium bodied paste.
- Spread paste over entire turkey, even inside the cavity, covering well.
- Place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Add 1 cup of water under the rack in the pan.
- Bake for 3-4 hours until a meat thermometer reaches 180-185 degrees.
- Baste every 30 minutes with pan juices.